Since 1937, Muintir na Tíre has empowered communities throughout Ireland.
With these communities we run programmes to support the elderly and vulnerable.
These services allow them to continue to live independently and safely in their own homes for as long as possible.
Examples of these programmes include:
- Community Alert
- Text Alert
- Home Care safety audits
- Crime Prevention Ambassadors
- Operation ID Property marking
- Social care programmes such as Lend A Hand
Funding for all these services continues to be a challenge and we seek your support.
We are particularly appealing to the Irish diaspora who may have created new lives abroad but have elderly or vulnerable friends or relations at home – help us to keep them safe back home.
A donation of just €20 will make a big difference. In return you will:
- Be supporting these worthwhile programmes – existing and new
- Know that all money raised goes directly and entirely into service provision (we are a not for-profit-regulated charity)
- Be entered into a draw for return flights to Ireland (terms and conditions apply)
- Receive regular updates from us
Keeping elderly and vulnerable people in Ireland safe in their own homes